Monday, April 7, 2008

My oh My....

A minister was completing a temperance sermon.

With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had All the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he Said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river." Sermon complete, he sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, nearly laughing, "For our closing song, Let us sing Hymn #365, "Shall We Gather at the River."


******


The front door of Murphy's house was badly warped, causing the door to jam now and then. To pry it open they kept a hatchet handy.

One day the doorbell rang. Murphy himself peeked out through the curtains and then shouted in a voice that could be hard through three doors: "Quick, Tommy. It's the pastor. Get the hatchet!"


If laughter, love and compassion fill your home,
your children will always return.

Debbie

No comments: